Tugas 40 Soal
Nama : Andita Nurul Chusna
NPM : 12209722
Kelas : 4EA03
1. “Your are welcome to order the goods now.”
“But the Payment should be made … ”
Answer : C. In advance
Reason: Shawing a payment is paid before the goods given.
2. “Where do you live now?”
“I live in Utah ; my … ”
Parents too do
Parents do, too
Parents also do
Answer: C. Parents do, too.
Reason : It has a meaning that “my parents also live in Utah”, but it uses the word off too instead of also.
3. I cannot understand my neigbor’s accent. I wish she would …
More slearly speak
Speak more clearly
Answer: D. Speak more clearly
Reason : More clearly explains how i want my neighbour to speak that so i can understand.
4. “Why are you driving so fast?”
Must be hurry
In a hurry
Answers: C. In a hurry
Reason : Hurry is a noun, so to show it, it should be written with a.
5. I have your music CD. I think I … your concert video.
Answer : A. Also have
Reason: I use also because too should be ( S + modal AUX ( + V1 +Obj ) + too )
6. I hear you have started a new job. … like it?
How do you
What do you
Answer : A. How do you
Reason: Asking the feel of new condition.
7. I really have to go now. I have … the doctor.
An appoitment to
An appoitment with
Answer : D. An appoinment with
Reason : It may have meaning that “ i have a scheduled meeting with –not to- the doctor”
8. I can meet you at Central Station. Will …?
Convenient for you
That be convenient
You be convenient
Answer : D. You be Convenient
Reason: It’s to ask whether you are available or having time to meet.
9. I don’t have any results for you today. I … tomorrow.
May have any
May have some
Anwer : D. May have some.
Reason: Because it’s a positive santence.
10. I would rather … a quiet cup of coffee in the office than sit in a noisy cafe.
Prefer to have
Answer : A. Have
Reason : Would rather + V1
11. “Where … last weekend?”
“I went to see my aunt and uncle.”
Are you go
Do you go
Have you went
Did you go
Answer : D. Did you go
Reason : Is about past activity, so the answer must use past form (did).
12. I was very surprised … that she didn’t pass the exam.”
Answer : D. To hear
Reason : In the form of to invinitive / V1.
13. “Why … she isn’t speaking to us ?”
“We must have done something that upset her. She just too sensitive.”
Are you think
Are you imagine
Do you think
Answer : C. Do you think
Raeson : It asks about someone opinion on someone’s reason.
14. I hope that this winter won’t be … last.
As cold as
So cols as
As cold like
So cold like
Answer : A. As cold as
Reason : As + Adjective + as. Compharation simmilar.
15. Sorry to be late. I was delayed by …”
A heavy traffic
Some heavy traffic
Traffic being heavy
Answer : B. Heavy traffic
Reason : It’s a uncountable noun, so we may not use a or same for heavy traffic.
16. The sky is getting dark. It … rain is on its way.
Answer : C. Seems to
Reason : By seeing the condition of the sky, we may predict that it’s going torain.
17. Would you do me a small favour? I … very much.
Would be appreciate
Would appreciate it
Answer : D. Would appreciate it.
Reason : Would + v1. For lightness
18. I am familiar with that product. I dont know … times i’ve seen it advertised on TV.
Answer : A. How many
Reason : There is a word of times and how many + times
19. “When _____ leaving for Toronto, Canada?”
“We are planning to set out at 10 o’clock.”
Answer : A. Are we
Reason: V-ing always follows to be.
20. I asked robert when he could fix my leaking up tap. He said that he would come round and fix it …
As much as possible
As possible as he could
As fast as he could possibly
As soon as possible
Answer: D. As soon as possible.
Reason: some kind of Indirect Speech
21. “Do you know … that building is?”
“I would say that was built at least 100 tears ago.”
Answer: C. How old
Reason : To ask about someone / something
22. That man told us that the next train would arrive …
At three thirty
At three thirty o’clock
In three thirty
In three thirty o’clock
Answer: A. At three thirty
Reason: At is to show the tim
23. “How … a crowd had gathered at the scene of accident?”
“I dont’t know exactly, but there were a lot of shocked onlooker.”
Answer: A. Large
Reason: It’s to ask about the amount of the crowd.
24. That is the city … worst crime record.
Answer: B. In the
Reason : it’s meaning “ That is the city in ( which ) the worst crime record”.
25. “Where should i put this key?”
“You can … it on the shelf.”
Answer : D. Put
Reason: Present Future
26. Write a book is trully a process, and one that is immposible to complete without considerable assistence from many others.
Answer : Writing
Reason: V1 must be in the form of gerund (V-ing).
27. The first section of this book will probably be most help to you right now.
Answer : Helpfull
Raeson : it must be adjective
28. My slow and steady approach to the challenge of sleep focus on using this challenge as an opportunity to help you ans your baby.
Reason: it uses the verb + es/s (singular verb)
29. Other parents might wanted to incrporate other calming rituals, such as singing a lullaby, saying prayers, or telling a story.
Answer : Want
Reason : after might it must be v1
30. If you wait to return until a child is crying or calling for you, you are sending them the very clear message that these calls and cries will lead to your return, and there by motivating these behaviors.
Reason : It’s pararel sentence.
31. Just knowing that i would returned was enough to let him stay quitely in his bed
Reason : “would” should be in the form of v1
32. When children awake at night, as they all will at some point, you face an additional challenge : Getting your child back to sleep when you are probably mostly asleep yourself.
Reason : There aren’t 2 adverbs put closely in the same sentence
33. It seems to me that my previous position have afforded me just the experience needed to enable me to do work required in your office to your satisfaction.
Reason : The noun should be plural – added by “s” modal aux, like “would” should be
34. This feeding should be done quick and quitly so that you don’t provide unnecessary stimulation and excitement.
Reason : Must be adverb
35. I have been told by Mr. John L. Peterson, manager of credit, The Bussiness Book Publishing Company, New York, with whom i believed you acuainted that you are expecting to making some additions to you accounting staff in January 2013.
Answer : Make
Reason : The verb after “to” should be in the form of V1
36. I shall be in Rio de Janiero in January, i hope that you given me an interview at sometime convinient to you during that month.
Reason: Must be v1
37. Thank you very much for calling to my attention the possible vacancies in the Accounting Departement at the Brazilian branch of the International Bussiness Book Company on Rio de Janiero.
Answer : in
Reason : must be in because it’s a place
38. In the school year of 2006 – 2008, i take two courses with you, “Accounting Problems” and “Cost Accounting” at Bronx Community Collage in the evening section
Answer : Took
Reason: because it has already happened it must be Past tense
39. I am great interested in the position as you outline it to me.
Answer : Greatly
Reason : Must be adverb
40. You may not relishing continually buying pacifiers or having multiple back up pacifiers with you at all time.
Answer : Relish
Reason : after may not is followed by v1, modal aux like “may”
Soal 50 Baru :
1. I am slow to …
express my opinion
express my viewing
make my views
make my opinion
Answer : express my opinion
Reason : because just opinion adverb
2. 2. I have to have this report finished …
Answer : by Friday
Reason : time signal for future activity
3. 3. We were fortunate enough to visit the Grand Canyon. It has …
beautiful scenery that is much
many beautiful landscapes
many beautiful sceneries
much beautiful scenery
Answer : much beautiful scenery
Reason : showing uncountable noun
4. 4. The car was parked directly … the diner
in front of
Answer : in front of
Reason : preposition of place
5. 5. The ski resorts are usually crowded. There are many people … skiing
Answer : who enjoying
Reason : in progress activity
6. 6. It is already 3 o’clock. Can you … time to catch the bus ?
have it in
make it in
Answer : make it in
Reason : same meaning with be successful
7. 7. I went to have my glasses …
Answer : fitted
Reason : same meaning with be fitted
8. 8. Mary’s house is … the hair salon. Do you think you can find it ?
Answer : next to
Reason : same meaning with beside
9. 9. The burning stick was very hot. He let … just in time
go alone it
go of it
Answer : go of it
Reason : it be cool
D 10. Do we have … money to last us the week ?
Answer : enough
Reason : just the right answer
11. John decided … golf on weekends
To take up
To start up
Answer : to start up
Reason : just the right answer
12. It … to me whether we meet them or not
Make no difference
Make not a difference
Is not a different
Answer : make no diferrence
1 13. We were … after all the hard work
Answer : weary out
Reason : adj which means tired
14. We saw … wild animals while in vacation
Quite a few
Answer : quite many
Reason : to show the amount of countable noun
15. They are late as usual. I don’t think we should … them
Answer : wait for
16. Are you … the competition ?
Go to enter
Going to enter
Answer : going to enter
Reason : simple future = going to + V1
1 17. You had better … the tourist information office
Answer : inquire to
Reason : had better +V1
18. Ireland was part of the UK, … ?
Answer : tag question = statement + question – / statement – question +
19. They will be … at the party
Answer : presenting
Reason : future continous = will be + V-ing
20. Will they go … the summer ?
Answer : swimming
Reason : gerund = when there are 2 verbs close to each other, the second verb must be in the form of V-ing
21. The New York police were very anxious … about the crime
To more learn
To learn more
Answer : to learn more
Reason : adj + to V1
22. Many excited women could … at the department store sale
Answer : be seen
Reason : passive voice = be + V3
23. The sink in the locker room tends to …
Answer : Overflow
Reason : flow over the edge of the sink
24. How long did the baseball game … ?
Answer : Last
Reason : continue for a period of time
25. We must … the annual board meeting tomorrow.
Answer : attend
Reason : must + V1
——- Andita Nurul Chusna ——-
1. 1. The subway station is … here.
Answer : near
Reason : preposition
2. 2. When we woke up, everywhere was … snow.
Answer : Covered by
Reason : passive voice = be + V3 + by
3. 3. Do earthquakes … often in North America ?
Answer : occur
Reason : same meaning with happen
4. 4. We had better … before it begins to rain.
Answer : leave
Reason : had better + V1
5. 5. A large crown … in front of the train station.
Answer : had gathered
Reason : had + V3
6. 6. In winter, driving accidents occur quite … on the highways.
Answer : frequently
Reason : adverb = comes after verb
7. 7. Would you like to … to the United States ?
Answer : travel
Reason : verb
8. 8. Most people at some stage have a feeling …
To be responsible
Answer : to be responsible
Reason : comes after noun
9. 9. This stadium can hold …
A large audience
Answer : many audiences
Reason : it’s for countable nouns
10. When the mountain forests … , there can be large forest fires.
Answer : Become dry
Reason : V1 + adj come after subj
11. “What kind of work are you doing for that company?”
“I’m … as an administrator.”
Answer : hired
Reason : being employed
12. “I don’t want to buy anything, do you?”
“Yes , I’d like to buy …“
Answer : Some pencils
Reason : put in positive sentences
13. We can … sports on Saturday if you’d like.
Answer : play
Reason : comes after modal aux
14. … the hotel rooms are reserved throughout peak season.
Almost all of
Most of all
Answer : most of all
Reason : identify amount of things
15. “ Where did you work before?”
“I worked only minutes … railroad track.”
Answer : From the
16. “I don’t think it will rain at all today, do you?”
“ No , I … so.”
Do think not
Answer : Don’t think
Reason : negative sentence
17. We have only another five minutes. I think we …
Answer : should hurry
Reason : giving a suggestion
18. Many fans showed up at the stadium. They were … the big game.
Anxious to see
To anxiously see
To see anxiously
Answer : Anxious to see
Reason : come after to be
19. “Who did you meet at the community dinner dance?”
“ I met many … people.”
Answer : prominent
Reason : same meaning with very important / famos
20. “John isn’t sure that the meeting will be held tomorrow.”
“I met many … people.”
Answer : Am certainly
Reason : same meaning with am sure
21. My brother loves to watch baseball . I … basketball.
Prefer to watch
To prefer watching
Preferring to watch
Answer : Prefer to watch
Reason : prefer + to V1
22. Many people are waiting for the news bulletin. It will … soon.
Answer : Circulate around
Reason : verb future
23. I think our guests will …
Be here shortly
Shortly be here
Here be shortly
Here shortly be
Answer : be here shortly
Reason : come after will
24. Who … when John is likely to turn up.
Answer : knows
Reason : showing a statement
25. The managers are … a new work schedule now.
Answer : Arranging
Reason : because is arrange
Nama : Andita Nurul Chusna
NPM : 12209722
Kelas : 4EA03